KEEP AUSTRALIA WORKING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
MINUTES KAW Advisory Committee Formation Meeting
10.00am 16 December 2009
Police Citizens Youth Club – Bundaberg
Jason introduced himself as the Local Employment Coordinator appointed to the Bundaberg – Hervey Bay Priority Employment area. He then provided background statistical information in support of the need for assistance to be offered in the identified priority areas.
Attachment 1:- Attendees and Apologies.
1. Jason provided a brief review of the Keep Australia Working Forum conducted in Hervey Bay on 13 October 2009. Highlighted areas of interest that may need to be concentrated on locally for the priority area.
2. Discussed the need for PPP consideration for the Maryborough employment area.
3. Also discussed that there needs to be a concentration on the Construction industry especially around the BER opportunities and the need to focus on Local Employers.
4. Reduction of Red Tape was also discussed but acknowledged that there is a need for it but shouldn’t be at the expense of projects.
5. Need to look to the Talent Program and what can still be done there.
6. Transport was a major issu
7. The issue of boundaries was raised especially with respect the North Burnett and whether it would be included in the role??
8. Need to look to New Development Opportunities; areas of influence; focus on Existing plans;
9. Kerry Blackman asked for focus on Indigenous opportunities
10. Re the Terms of Reference – asked for the issue of Timing to be included and for the UNI to be added.
11. Brain Stormed the interest / alert areas including Sustainability/Green, Business Development, Education and Trade Training.
12. There was then a call for people interested in being members of the working groups identified and after discussion people offered to approach after the meeting rather than immediate offers. The following individuals have offered to be involved for specific programs in the key themes to explore & develop strategies:-
Cheryl Graffunder – Treasurer of the Bundaberg & District Chamber so could represent that way as well.
Training & Trade
ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS are:-
Neil McPhillips Lance Stone – TESS
Julia Mijic – CRS Aust
Ron Bishop – CQU
Cheryl Graffunder – NEATO Donna Norman – TaFE
Peter Gregory – AIMNet
Naomi Searle – Bundaberg RC
Kerry Blackman – Gidargil
Andrew Jackson – Fraser Coast RC
People are currently being approached to confirm their interest in being part of the Committee, and you will be advised of the final committee members..
First Meeting of the Advisory Committee will be at 9.00am 29 January 2009 at the Council Chambers Reception Room in Maryborough – cnr Kent & Lennox Streets.
Ron Bishop & Phillip Clift – CQU; Ian Bent – CAMit Pty Ltd; Frank Trendelkamp – Bombardier; Greg Weir – B’berg Fruit & Vegetable Growers; Neil McPhillips – Starfire Solutions; Grant Maclean – RDA Wide Bay Burnett; David Rees Hervey Bay Chamber of Commerce; Peter Gregory – AIMNet; Geoff Kelly – Construction Skills Qld (CSQ);Kerry Blackman – Gidarjil Development Corp; Betty Lappin – CQID Ltd; Ara Harathunian – B’berg & Burnett Region Community Development Aboriginal Corp. Tony Weaver – Better Development & Training; Tracey Mason & Anne Wendt – Community Solutions; Cheryl Graffunder – NEATO; Andrew Bainbridge – Employment Services Qld; Judy Heard – Impact Make Your Mark; Lance Stone – Fraser Coast TESS; Garry Bannister & Joe Harrold – Jobfind B’berg; Julia Mijic – CRS Aust; Michael Whiting, Julie Gee, Michelle Davies & Zona Hussey-Smith DEEDI; Donna McMah – Skilling Solutions Qld; Donna Norman – Wide Bay Tafe; Cory Pignatelli – Centrelink; Lee Sunderland, Alicia Weiderman, Mark Rowland – DEEWR; and Jason Millward
Not sure if there – Maxine Brushe – Gladstone Regional Council; Vicky Wilson Discovery Coast Tourism
Phil Ainsworth – Microavionics; John Maclean –Bundaberg Brewed Drinks; Allan Meiring – Downer EDI – Rail Maryborough; Max Voigt – CQMS Castings Geoff Nocher – Maranta Hervey Bay; Jason Pascoe – Port of Bundaberg; Graham Richers – Richers Transport; Garth Robinson – Retravision Childers; Rory McDonald – Master Builders; Cameron Bisley – former Wide Bay ACC; Yvonne Brams – Manager Rockhampton ICC; Andrew Jackson – Economic Development, Andrew O’Brien CEO & Cr Gerard O’Connell – Fraser Coast Reg Council; Cr Greg Barnes – Coral Coast Chamber of Commerce; James Corvan – Bundy North Burnett Tourism Ltd; Glen Churchill – Gladstone Area Promotional & Develop; Cale Dendle – Gladstone Regional Council – Mark Powell – Woodgate Tourism; Christine Malone – Buderoo Emp & Training; Peter Shirres – Centrelink Hervey Bay; Ken Collier – Exec. Regl Director -Education Qld; Donna Constable – Skilling Solutions Qld; Steve Dixon – Qld Commercial Properties; Phil Dowling – Global Manufacturing Group; Jane Harrison – Tri Care Pt Vernon; Seath Holswich – Aust’n Employment Covenant; Bob Hockey – DEEDI M’boro; Trevor Schwenke – TAFE Hervey Bay; Lorraine Pyefinch Bundaberg Regional Council; Alana Sinnamon & Paul Clifford – Employment Services Qld.
Received & published by Henry Sapiecha 15th Jan 2010